The NIP works closely together with the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA) in maintaining a European register leading to a Europe wide recognized qualification for psychologists. This European Benchmark in Psychology contributes substantially to the work mobility of psychologists within Europe.
What is EuroPsy?
EuroPsy is a European initiative of the European Federation of Psychologists’ Associations (EFPA), an organisation representing almost 200,000 psychologists in 32 European states. The aim is to develop a European benchmark in psychology setting a European standard of entry to professional practice.
- For more information check efpa.eu/europsy
The title EuroPsy itself does not supersede the requirements of national registration or licensure as a proof of fitness to practice. It does, however:
- set a common benchmark for academic and professional competence in all the countries where it is issued
- fit well with the adoption throughout the EU of Directive 2005/36/EC on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications
- aim to facilitate the mobility of qualified professionals across Europe
- entitle those psychologists who meet the criteria for the award to be entered onto the national EuroPsy register and receive a certificate confirming them as a EuroPsy registered psychologist